10.09.2005

hey

so after climbing up on my soapbox and proclaiming my dedication to honesty and lack of censorship; i seemed to have vanished. my apologies in that i have been exceptionally busy with my life, love and proverbial pursuit of happiness...not to mention another project that seems to monopolize my creativity and writing time.
.
anyways, i am still alive. and, i really have nothing to say. except this....grey's anatomy on the american broadcasting network is the best show i have seen in a long time. lame i know, but i am obsessed. i have been watching it since the pilot, being that it is set in seattle, and every episode that i see fascinates me. the more i watch, the more i am amazed. in short, the writing is absolutely perfect it is brilliantly cerebral; i am hooked. watch it (ideally start from the first episode if you have never seen it.) i am a harsh critic and this show won me over from day one. if you think it sucks...you are dumb.
.
and now; since i have nothing of merit to say i will leave you with something that someone said better. again, ben gibbard is a genius and his attention to detail, set to music truly mezmerizes me and my elitist musical opinion (at least that's what the naysayers call it.) enjoy!!
what sarah said (death cab)
.
And it came to me then that every plan is a tiny prayer to father time
As I stared at my shoes in the ICU that reeked of piss and 409
And I rationed my breathes as I said to myself that I'd already taken too much today
As each descending peak on the LCD took you a little farther away from me
.
Amongst the vending machines and year-old magazines in a place where we only say goodbye
It stung like a violent wind that our memories depend on a faulty camera in our minds
But I knew that you were a truth I would rather lose than to have never lain beside at all
.
And I looked around at all the eyes on the ground as the TV entertained itself
'Cause there's no comfort in the waiting room
Just nervous pacers bracing for bad news
Then the nurse comes round and everyone lifts their head
But I'm thinking of what Sarah said that "Love is watching someone die"
.
So who's going to watch you die?...

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home